Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Can't Help Falling In Love...








As a wedding coordinator, I am lucky to witness the beginning of a lot of love stories. My favorite part of a wedding is the moment the bride begins down the aisle and I immediately look to the groom to see his reaction. The look that the two share is one of pure joy and pure love. Completely caught up in the moment and immersed in the promise. I often think about how I know what they are thinking. The moments in life that something so real, so raw, so romantic happens, I think, there is NO way I will ever be this in love again. These moments happen when you least expect them, and then when the feeling overcomes you again...you forget that you ever thought that the prior love was the most powerful, in fact, often laughing, thinking how premature that love really was. My wedding day, 14 years ago, I looked at TJ and really thought that I couldn't love anyone any more than I did that day. Then, the day Reed was born, again I thought, wow... there is no way I could love anyone more than I love this baby right now. And as life has gone along, I find myself falling in love over and over and over again with so many moments. The moment I laid eyes on Jett and Brady...the sight of the 3 boys and their daddy...the man I love comforting our sick dog...or watching how brothers are constantly aware of eachother. As our roles in life change and we bob and weave with the ebb and flow of life, it's refreshing to discover new love. Just when you think you've come to the happily every after, there is another happily ever after. And even when life is bumpy or messy, there is the promise of a moment where there is new love. This Christmas season, and all it's true meaning, may you experience many moments of pure love and pure joy.

2 comments:

  1. Kretice,
    Your blog is great! Your post about weddings is so sweet and your kids are adorable. It's really cool to stay in touch online and see how life is unfolding. I am thinking of creating a blog too. Thanks for sharing yours.
    XOXO Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kret! Great post - good job!!! See you Saturday. Thanks for all of the support! XOXO

    ReplyDelete